Just think of us as an extension of your company
We have effectively broken the mould of the traditional accountant, and harnessed technology in order to deliver a broader range of advisory services.
Everything from accounting and business structure, to keeping the taxman happy. Our services are as flexible as a Russian gymnast.
A new, more personal way of handling things.
Breaking the Mould – We don’t wear suits and ties, comb through filing cabinets or lean back in leather trim chairs. Our focus is not on billable hours, but on delivering a personalised service. We’re a young firm taking a fresh approach to accounting. Call us anytime, not just to arrange your once-a-year meeting. By leveraging technology we deliver real-time advice, and help you stay one step ahead whatever your game.
Better Technology, means a better experience.
Technology – It plays a major role in our ability to deliver improved efficiency, accuracy and real-time results to our clients. We use the latest cloud based technology, which means we can do our work from any location, anytime. We’re a team that will come to you, an accounting firm that take a hands-on approach to your finances, and deliver accounting like it should be – simple.
Covering all bases, not just accounts
Not just accounts – We work with our clients to develop business models, implement cloud solutions, take the complexity out of tax and plan for the next step. Oh, and don’t worry, we do all the boring stuff too, like compliance, GST and bookkeeping. As Chartered Accountants, we combine technical expertise with business insight – delivering a broader range of advisory services.
Creating The Foundations
Because It’s Here To Stay
Keeping The Taxman Happy
Planning For The Good Life
You’ve Got Better Things To Do
Here’s what our clients have to say about us.
“TW Accounting are easy to deal with, transparent in their approach and true professionals in solving complex issues. Would highly recommend.”
“Tom, from TW Accounting is professional and friendly and has looked after our company as if it were his own.”
“Great one-on-one service. Nothing is ever too small or too hard. Always contactable, not like the big firms”
“TW accountants bring personability to the professional accounting arena with unmatched service and quality of work.”
“TW Accounting has been an inexpensive and beneficial asset to my business. I’ve already recommended to a few of my clients”
1. ProfessionalismYour business accountant is one of the members of your business team who will be representing you in front of the ATO if the time comes, so its essential that they follow the same levels of professionalism that your company portrays. The same can be said in reverse if you’re a trade business, or only run your business in a more casual manner, then you don’t want to have a corporate style accountant in your corner because your values won’t align on many matters. Being Queensland Based, we recognize that our clients do business in a more relaxed way, so while maintaining the highest levels of quality, we do the very same thing. We are much more casual accountants than you would usually find at a large accounting firm. We like to get to know our clients and understand what your Queensland accounting needs are. The more we get to know you as a client, and the more we get to understand your business, the more we can help you with your growth and financial goals.
2. ReferralsAs a small business owner, your accountant has the power to make or break your business. If they do a great job, you’ll find your profits soar and your tax bill drop. However, if they aren’t a good tax agent Queensland, then you could find yourself in all sorts of trouble. It’s always good practice to check reviews & referrals from previous clients before hiring any accountant to help your business.
3. QualificationsAs with most fields, there are several different levels of qualifications that accountants can receive, and this has a dramatic impact on what they can do for your business. levels are: Basic accountant – They have completed a university degree, and have the ability to do basic accounting needs, but can not recommend or submit on tax matters CPA Queensland- A Chartered Public Accountant, or CPA, can offer more detailed advice in the matters of investments, taxes, mergers and acquisitions for your business. Tax Agent – A Tax Accountant can submit taxes, and work as your point of contact with the ATO.
4. CostsFees that you’ll pay your accountant can vary widely depending on the service and internal structure of the business. For example accounting firms will charge more than individual accountants will because of the extra overheads that they have as a business. If you’re looking for small business accountants, then look for a sole operator who has low business overheads, as they’ll make your price more affordable. When looking for the right accounting firm its not recommended to price shop, but rather to ‘value shop’. Due to the nature of what an Accountant or tax advisor does, quite often, hiring a more experienced, company will result in a greater amount of tax savings, netting you a higher overall return. For example, if you hire a cheaper accountant, and they miss a large amount of deductions you’re entitled to, this mistake is likely going to cost you much more than if you hired a more expensive firm initially who saved you more.
5. ReputationYour business, success, and profits are on the line, so you want to ensure that your accountant has an excellent reputation. Reading Reviews are an excellent way to determine who is the best accountant in your region. By working with the best, your business will get the best. Here at TW Accounting we pride ourselves on ensure all of our clients not only are happy, but are getting the biggest tax savings possible, and the most proactive financial advice to ensure the long term success of their businesses.
6. ExperienceExperience is another major factor you should look at before choosing your Accountant. For example, if you’re looking for tax return Queensland, then you’re going to need a far less experienced accountant than if you’re structuring a corporate merger. Regardless of what you’re looking for, always ask them how much experience they have in the field and how many clients they’ve helped. You should also ask your accountant which professional bodies they belong to as this can give you a strong insight into which sorts of businesses they can help the most. Are they a CPA or a CA? That is, a Chartered Public Accountant, or a Chartered Accountant. In general, A CPA is more suited to smaller businesses, where a CA is more suited to enterprise style clients. With this said, both have extremely strong skill-sets which can help you grow your sales.
7. Ethical approachAlthough your accountant submits taxes on your behalf, it’s ultimately up to you to ensure information is correct and accurate when you’re hiring an Accountant Queensland. This is why it’s important to get a very clear picture of the ethics and level of risk that your accountant is happy to take, and ensuring that it matches those of your business. Hiring an accountant to help you manage your finances, tax compliance, and cashflow management can be a daunting decision. However when you find the right Queensland based accountant, you’ll get much more than just a number cruncher. That is why here at TW Accounting we make it our mission to ensure that each and every client’s experience with us is positive and enjoyable.
Accounting FirmLet’s say you’ve just closed a sweet FBT deal with a novated lease on a powerful new BMW. Sure, it’s legal through the ATO, but you need to know the details so that you can lodge correctly through myTax. Whether you need to handle your own taxes, those of your business, or those of your employees as related to the business, keeping all those numbers, percentages, and laws straight is a job for a top professional. We aim to make things simple for you. You need to be running your business, taking care of your employees, and delivering top-flight products and services. You don’t need to be bogged down with a calculator and a pencil. We take care of making sure your credits and debits all equal zero and that everything is on the up-and-up. For us, integrity isn’t just a buzzword. Instead, it’s the core of our accounting philosophy. When we assume responsibility for your books, you have given us something more valuable than money: your trust. It’s our duty to keep it once given.
Part of Your TeamWe strive to integrate ourselves into your company because we feel our success is your success. Mutually beneficial business relationships are all the rage. We help you stay on track. You help us survive. We both network through each other. Everyone wins! We realize that not every business is the same as every other business, so we stay flexible to meet your specific needs in a timely fashion. Basically, we endeavour do what you need done when it needs to be done.
Beyond the Number CrunchingMaybe, you need more than just an accountant with a pocket protector. Perhaps, what you need is a cloud-based solution so that you can instantly share pertinent data with one of your subsidiaries. We’ll help you implement such a solution and keep you in compliance with the ATO at the same time. Even though we deal with numbers, we don’t believe in treating our clients like them. You won’t get the hollow laugh, dead-fish handshake, and leather chair smug looks of the stereotypical chartered accountant when you hire us. We’re hip not only to the 21st-century business climate but also to your need for personalised service. Our solutions to your points of pain will be customised to fit your business.
Other Stuff We DoYou don’t only have to worry about the present. The future is daunting. We’ve got a knack, however, for using data, trend analysis, and plain old gut feeling to help you plan for what’s to come. If an SMSF is the right solution for you, we’ll help you be ready. If it’s another type of investment, we’ll still do the legwork. We’ll be by your side, too, whether the issue is compliance, surviving an audit, or just monitoring and changing your recontribution strategy. Speaking of the future, it’s not all about planning for retirement. Some of your goals are shorter term, such as forecasting what you’ll need when. Cash flow is No. 1 for the overall survival of your business. You never want to be short because of poor planning. Of course, no one can plan for every contingency, but we’ll always do our best to come up with “plans for when plans go awry.” The right technology is crucial for 21st-century business success. Our systems backbone is cloud based, so we can provide you the services you need from anywhere. If you want to meet at your home instead of the office, we can accommodate you. If you need “something quick” before you board the plane at the airport, we’ll be right there. How about getting started in business? There are a multitude of forms to lodge and many legal and civil obstacles to overcome. We’ve got the know-how and training to give you the boost you need to get up and running. We keep the sole traders, partnerships, trusts, and companies with which we work on the straight and narrow right from the beginning. Even if you franchise instead of starting new, we’ve got it covered. What if you’ve just expanded, and you need a chief financial officer because you can’t wear both hats anymore? We can handle that for you. Either we’ll pick up the slack ourselves, or we’ll help you develop the talent of your new hire. When it comes to indigenous businesses, we know and understand the laws as they apply to these businesses. We can point you in the right direction to find access to government help, grants, and other things to which you might be entitled whether you are an indigenous person who owns a business or are someone looking to hire an indigenous person.
Going MobileYou already know that we provide our services through the cloud from anywhere, but did you also know that we can help you “go mobile” yourself? Powerful software will let you keep track of invoices, accounts receivable, and all of the other nuts and bolts. You can even convert all of your operations to a paperless model, streamlining processes and being good to the environment at the same time. Tracking inventory is a snap when you have the right software. Better efficiency means fewer negatives on the old, dusty ledger and more smiles from the bosses and the battlers.
Putting it all TogetherWe’re a full-service accounting firm that can handle almost any situation that occurs. If something comes up that we haven’t encountered, then we will take it as a fun challenge. We’ve never been afraid of thinking “outside the box.” No matter the creativity of any solution we devise, however, we won’t do anything without your approval first. Like we said, we treat our business relationship as if we were members of your team. We’re TW Accounting and Business Solutions. If you want to hear more about all the ways we can boost your business, give us a call to set up an appointment. You won’t be disappointed!
Our Locations: Accountant Gold Coast | Accountant Brisbane | Accountant Sunshine Coast | Accountant Byron Bay